Written by: Carly Nasznic, Photos by: Stan Nasznic
The 2015 IEA National Finals are coming up very soon and with only a limited time to prepare for them, here are some tips on how to make your finals experience worth it.
1. Practice as much as you can on all the minor issues you have been facing all year. No one is perfect and there’s always something you can improve on. Whether it be…
- No stirrup work
- Your sitting trot
- An appropriate horsemanship question
- Your two point
- Figure eight
- Canter on counter lead
- Trot jump
- Half turn on forehand
2. First impressions are everything. Don’t show up to ride looking sloppy, take your time to make sure all your attire looks well cleaned and suitable.
3. Confidence, have the right frame of mind. Don’t over think anything because you’ve already made it this far. There are a ton of people who already love your riding. Now go prove one more time that you are who you are.
4. Ride what you’ve been given. You cant change the horse or pony within the two minutes your in the ring. The judge should understand what the horse or pony previously knows and will judge you accordingly.
5. Relax and remember that this is supposed to be fun. You’ve proved yourself through all the good and the bad throughout the whole season, now its time to enjoy it.
6. Support your teammates and thank your coach. No matter the outcome, realize that if it wasn’t for all them and the support they have given you all season, you might not have made it this far.