By Katie Lenkart & Audrey Oldfather | Photo by Adam Hill
Where to buy food:
- The main food stand located next to the Main Hunter ring has killer French toast- I get it almost every morning! They also have the best smoothies and brownies, along with fresh fruit and veggie cups for a mid-day snack!
- There are also lots of good restaurants around Lexington to checkout if you finish early one day!
Where to buy swag:
- Visit the Pony Finals Merchandise store for all your Pony Finals swag. Hats, Shirts, Jackets, and more! But come early, it sells out fast!
- Horse Show Moms beware- Pony Finals has a lot of vendors. Visit the ones by the Main Hunter ring, along with shops located by the Walnut Ring and farrier.
- Some fun vendors you can look forward to: Lauracea, Just For Fun, Belle & Bow Equestrian, and Equestrian Team Apparel
- Visit the museums while you are at Pony Finals! They have a lot of interesting activities to do while you are there. For younger siblings, there is the Kid’s Barn!
- Near the Walnut Arena is Pony Land- find kiddy jumps, bouncy houses and of course, the slip and slide, which is a great relief after a long, hot day of showing.
- It is Pony Finals and there are great treats- human and horse alike! Keep an eye out for the tent by the Walnut Arena, which serves free ice cream and snow cones, along with the golf cart that drives around the show with free apples, carrots, and bottled water!
- Have some extra time and don’t know what to do? Visit Keeneland Race Tracks, just 20 minutes from the Horse Park!
- Kentucky is known for horse racing, look at the race horse barns around Lexington and schedule a tour to see the multi million dollar facilities and horses!
What to watch:
- My favorite division to watch is the Pony Jumpers! The division runs from Thursday to Saturday, be sure to check it out.
- The Golf Cart Parade is on Thursday. There are always lots of interesting costumes, and it’s also fun to participate in!
- Be sure to watch the Hunter Awards Parade on Saturday!
- Stick around for Sunday and watch the USEF Pony Medal Finals. Learn from all the riders you look up to!
Have fun at USEF Pony Finals this year!
About the Author: Audrey Oldfather is 15 years old and lives in Milwaukee, WI. Oldfather has been riding for almost 11 years and is currently showing in the High Children’s Jumpers on her horse, Memphis Belle.
Read More from This Author »