By Intern Vyla Carter
Want Instagram worthy horse treats without paying too much? Then this is the DIY for you! This sweet treat will have your horse begging for more. With only a few ingredients, pony poptarts are simple and cheap to make. Grab the ingredients and follow these instructions for perfect pumpkin pony poptarts (say that 3x fast!):
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup pumpkin butter
- ½ cup water
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all poptart ingredients in medium sized bowl. Use your hands to knead the dough. The mixture should be like pizza dough, add flour little by little if the dough needs to be thicker.
- Put flour on an even surface and cover a rolling pin. Roll out the dough into an even thickness.
- Once rolled out cut off the edges of the dough to make one big rectangle, then cut the dough into even, small rectangles.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all dough is used.
- Using a fork, press down the all the edges of the poptart. This will make grooves, giving the treats the poptart look.
- Place the poptarts on a baking tray.
- Put tray in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- While the poptarts are baking prepare the icing. Using a small bowl, mix about one cup of powdered sugar and a tablespoon of water. The mixture should not be runny and have a thicker consistency. Add more water if mixture is too thick, or add more sugar if mixture is too thin.
- Once baked, take the tray out of the oven and let the poptarts cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Ice the poptart with a thin layer of icing, Immediately after icing put the sprinkles on, as the icing dries quickly. Continue this until all individual treats are iced and sprinkled.
- Let the icing dry. If not immediately using the treats, place them on a plate and cover.
- Feed them to your pony!