Photos and Article By Mackenzie Shuman
1. The History – The history is no doubt one of the coolest things about this iconic horse park. With its roots in horse racing dating back to 1926, remodelling efforts showcase the relics of the park. From the iconic Grandstands to the beautiful Kentucky bluegrass, Balmoral Park holds historic value to this day.
2. The Competition – Showplace Productions did an excellent job in creating an impressive show circuit for the horse park. With 13 weeks of show jumping lined up, Midwest horse show enthusiasts have great option for the summer and fall.
3. The Size – Balmoral Park contains 200 acres of competition and warm-up arenas, 12 permanent barns, FEI stabling, and plenty of space to graze your horse. Though the walk from arena to arena can be lengthy, competitors love that the arenas are large and the grounds are horse friendly.
4. The Prize Money – In every division there are classes with great prize money. From $100 to $35,000, competitors can be sure that they will come home with something in their pockets.
5. The Staff – Whether you’re running late for a class, have lots of paperwork to fill out in the office, or buying food and clothes from the vendors, the people you will meet are always friendly. Some have worked here since the park was open to racing, others are brand new, and all are accommodating.