Saturday, August 19, 2017 — HITS Culpeper is proud to host the L.M. “Sandy” Gerald USHJA Zone 3 Junior Equitation Finals for the twelfth year on Saturday, August 19th, during the Winston National at Commonwealth Park which runs from August 17th to August 21st.
Qualified riders travel from Washington, D.C., Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia for this popular Equestrian Final. Two sections of competition are offered with jumps set at either 3’ or 3’6”, and scores from both heights combined for one overall Final set of results.
Prior to the class, qualified exhibitors and their guests are invited to a Rider Reception, hosted by HITS, which will include complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
HITS and USHJA would like to thank the following Sponsors for their generosity to support of this event:
- Goucher College: Sponsor of the First Place Prize and will present a Cooler and a Commemorative Plate.
- Ginny Edwards and Hidden Hollow Farm: Sponsors of the Second Place Prize which will be a Hand-made Ribbon Display Case.
- Streett and Amy Moore: Sponsors of the Third Place Prize, a Leather Halter and Lead Shank
- Terri Young and Clairvaux, LLC: Sponsors of the Fourth Place Prize which will award a gift certificate from Dover Saddlery.
- Patrice Lemmer: Sponsor of the Perpetual Trophy for the Uptown Best Equitation Horse Award, along with a keepsake Cookie Jar.