LEXINGTON, Ky. — April 10, 2018 — -The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association launched a new online application process for competition managers wishing to offer USHJA championships, special classes and other competitive programs at the zone and national levels. The USHJA is now accepting host applications through this online process for the 2019 competition year and in some cases beyond.
“We are pleased to bring a new level of convenience to the host application process, making it easier for competition managers across the country to offer our many programs, like International Hunter Derby, World Championship Hunter Rider, 3’3″ Jumping Seat Medal Finals, Zone Jumper Team Championships and many more,” said Kevin Price, executive director of the USHJA.
USHJA requires applications from competitions to host the following competitive programs, all of which are available for application through this new system:
• 2019 Children’s & Adult Amateur Hunter Championships
• 2019/2020/2021 Green Hunter Incentive Regional Championships
• 2019 International Hunter Derby
• 2019/2020 3’3″ Jumping Seat Medal Finals – East & West
• 2019 Outreach Competition
• 2019 World Championship Hunter Rider Member Event
• 2019 Young Hunter Pony Championships
• 2019 Zone Jumper Team Championships
• Zone Specific Programs/Classes
◦ 2019/2020 Zone Horse of the Year Championships
◦ 2019/2020 Stirrup Cup Championships
◦ 2019/2020 Equitation & Horsemanship Programs (Offered in Zones 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12, as well as the Regional 8, 9 and 10 Medal)
◦ 2019 Handy Hunter Challenges (Offered in Zones 4, 6 and 7)
Applications for all of these programs with the exception of the USHJA Outreach Program are due June 1, 2018. Competitions wishing to offer Outreach may apply at any time throughout the year.
The online process allows a potential host to apply for multiple programs in one application and more easily submit applications for multiple locations. Interested parties may access the application at https://www.ushja.org/comphost/application.aspx or by selecting “USHJA Host Application for Competitive Programs” from their USHJA Member Account (ushja.org/login).