January 22, 2020 – San Juan Capistrano, CA – Heads up, Emerging Pros! Blenheim EquiSports is pleased to once again offer a unique #pathwaytosuccess opportunity with our Emerging Professional Grants. Since the program began in 2017, Blenheim has awarded close to $40,000 in total grants.
Aside from previous first-place or runner-up winners, any eligible 2019 applicant is welcome to reapply in 2020.
TWO GRANTS TO BE AWARDED:
The Grant winner will receive $5,000 of Blenheim EquiSports horse show credit; the runner-up will receive $3,000 of Blenheim EquiSports horse show credit.
– Show credit must be used by end of 2020 Blenheim show season
– A maximum of $1,500 can be used at a single event
– Each applicant must be declared with the USEF as a professional in 2010 or later
– Applicants can only submit once per year
– Can be a rider and/or a trainer
– Application deadline is Monday, February 17th at midnight- Winners will be notified prior to the start of the 2020 season*
*Late fees for entry deadlines already passed will be waived for grant winners
The Grant is open to any professional who was not declared a professional before 2009 and meets the following criteria:
- Rider has never placed in the top 10 of the WCHR Professional National Standings
- Rider has never been a WCHR Professional Regional Champion
- Rider has never won the Developing Professional Challenge at the Capital Challenge Horse Show
- Rider has never won the Developing Professional National Title
- Rider has never placed 1st-12th in the Professional Challenge during the WCHR Finals at the Capital Challenge Horse Show
- Rider has never been Champion or Reserve Champion in a Professional Hunter section at 3’6″ or higher at the following competitions: Devon, Capital Challenge, Pennsylvania National Horse Show, Washington International Horse Show and/or The National Horse Show
- Rider has never competed and placed in an FEI Grand Prix Competition (excluding Young Riders)
- Rider has never won an FEI-recognized Grand Prix (excluding Young Riders)
- Rider cannot have represented their country in a Nations Cup or other International Competition
- Rider has not won more than 5 Grand Prix classes at 1.40m or higher
- Rider cannot have placed in more than 10 Grand Prix classes at 1.40m or higher
– Applications to be emailed to: [email protected]
– Application email to include the following in an attached document:
- Applicant’s name
- Contact information – email, cell
- Name of business – links to website and/or social media
- Year turned professional – must be 2010 or after to apply (10 years or less)
- Governing body Member Number (eg, USEF, FEM, Equestrian Canada, etc.)
- Describe your background and your goals
- Describe your favorite experience as a rider/trainer – it doesn’t have to be one where you rode, it could be about a student’s or horse’s win or place, or an experience at home
- Please also indicate your reasons for applying – why should you be chosen for an Emerging Pro grant?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2020
Blenheim Spring Series entry blanks and time schedules are online – please visit the Competitor menu at showpark.com for additional information.