Mill Spring, NC – July 4, 2020 – Nicole Shahinian-Simpson (USA) and Akuna Mattata dominated the $137,000 Horseware Ireland Grand Prix CSI 3* with a 37.002-second jump-off round in Tryon Stadium at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) as part of Tryon Summer 4 competition. Leslie Burr-Howard (USA) and Donna Speciale, a 2008 Dutch Warmblood mare (Cavalier x Concorde) owned by Laure Sudreau-Rippe & Peter Howard, grabbed second place with a time of 38.631 seconds, while Lorcan Gallagher (IRL) and VDL Cartello, a 2007 Holsteiner stallion (Cartani x Lord) owned by Heathman Farm LLC, rounded out the podium after their four-fault, 36.077 second performance.
Oscar Soberon (USA) tested 38 horse-and-ride pairs on his first-round track, with seven pairs qualifying for the jump-off contest. Shahinian-Simpson and “Nahla,” the 2008 Holsteiner mare (Quinar x Landwind II) owned by Carol Rosenstein and Silver Raven Farms, were one of two double-clears on the night, taking the victory in what is only Nahla’s second show back after recovering from major surgery to repair guttural pouch mycosis via two nitinol plugs placed in Akuna Mattata’s internal carotid artery.
Full results: $137,000 Horseware Ireland Grand Prix CSI 3*
Horse Name, Year Breed gender (Sire x Dam Sire)Rider (COUNTRY), Owner: Faults/Faults/Time
1. Akuna Mattata, 2008 Holsteiner mare (Quinar x Landwind II)Nicole Shahinian-Simpson (USA), Carol Rosenstein and Silver Raven Farms: 0/0/37.002
2. Donna Speciale, 2008 Dutch Warmblood mare (Cavalier x Concorde)Leslie Burr-Howard (USA), Laure Sudreau-Rippe & Peter Howard: 0/0/38.631
3. VDL Cartello, 2007 Holsteiner stallion (Cartani x Lord)Lorcan Gallagher (IRL), Heathman Farm LLC: 0/4/36.077
4. F. Brightwood Lynz, 2010 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Spartacus x Quattro)Ilan Bluman (COL), Jake Hall: 0/4/36.884
5. Rocksy Music, 2008 Irish Sport Horse gelding (Ars Vivendi x Diamond Serpent)Richie Moloney (IRL), Equinimity LLC: 0/4/37.037
6. Dez’ Ooktoff, 2008 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Colandro x Lys Rouge)Roberto Teran Tafur (COL), Roberto Teran Tafur: 0/4/37.367
7. Keoki, 2009 Holsteiner gelding (Catoki x Cassini I)David Blake (IRL), David Blake & Gwendolyn Dvorkin: 0/4/46.415
8. Kirschwasser SCF, 2010 Belgian Warmblood stallion (Amaretto D’arco x Nabab De Reve)Freddie Vasquez (PUR), G6 Holdings & Freddie Vazquez: 1/80.39
9. My Way, 2010 Oldenburger stallion (Mylord Carthago x Cassini II)Luiz Francisco De Azevedo (BRA) Hest Investment Fund Limited: 1/80.39
10. Amex Z, 2009 Zangersheide mare (Andiamo Z x Landaris)Todd Minikus (USA), Bit By Bit Group: 4/74.15
11. Bull Run’s Faustino De Tili, 2005 Belgian Warmblood stallion (Berlin x Darco)Kristen VanderVeen (USA), Bull Run Jumpers Five LLC: 4/75.11
12. Blue Movie, 2006 Anglo-European Warmblood mare (Chacco Blue x Pilot)Rowan Willis (AUS), Rowan Willis: 4/75.57
For full results from the $137,000 Horseware Ireland Grand Prix CSI 3*, click here.
|Tryon Summer 4 concludes Sunday, July 5 and the Tryon Summer Series continues through July 19. While the entire Tryon Summer Series is currently closed to spectators per USEF guidelines, highlight classes – including all FEI competition – are streamed online for free at www.Tryon.com/streaming.|
Photo credit ©Sportfot. Competitors can sign up for weekly packages at www.Sportfot.com. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with proper credit. Contact [email protected] with questions.
|About Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort:Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort, host of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018, is one of the world’s ultimate equestrian lifestyle destinations with first-class facilities for all FEI disciplines and showcasing Hunter/Jumper, Equitation, Steeplechase, Polo, and multidiscipline events in Mill Spring, NC. From carousel to competition, the mission of Tryon Resort is to celebrate the magic of the horse, grow equestrian sport, and increase access to this majestic animal. A haven for equestrian competitors and enthusiasts, Tryon Resort is an iconic, year-round destination for connoisseurs of diverse cuisine and shopping, lodging getaways, and family entertainment. Learn more at www.Tryon.com or call 828-863-1000.|