Kristen VanderVeen (USA) and Bull Run’s Faustino De Tili sped to a 36.579-second jump-off round to take the win in Saturday’s $73,000 JTWG, Inc. Grand Prix CSI 2* at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) at Tryon Resort. Brittini Raflowitz (ISR) and Hilton van de Breepoel, a 2007 Belgian Warmblood gelding (Contact Van de Heffinck x Opium) owned by ESI Show Jumpers, Maarten Huygens & Darragh Kerins, claimed reserve honors with a time of 39.153 seconds, with the yellow rosette going to Todd Minikus (USA) aboard the Bit by Bit Group’s Amex Z, the 2009 Zangersheide mare (Andiamo Z x Landaris), stopping the timers in 36.764 seconds with four faults.
The Guilherme Jorge (BRA) course design saw 39 contestants in the first round, with 10 horse-and-rider pairs returning to challenge the jump-off round. VanderVeen and the 2005 Belgian Warmblood stallion (Berlin x Darco) owned by Bull Run Jumpers Five LLC used both speed and tight turns to their advantage in the jump-off, she explained. “The jump-off, I really liked. The jump-offs are always fun with Frosty because he turns and he goes fast, so it’s fun.”
Full results: $73,000 JTWG, Inc. Grand Prix CSI 2*
Horse Name, Year Breed gender (Sire x Sire of Dam)
Rider (COUNTRY), Owner: Faults/Faults/Time
- Bull Run’s Faustino De Tili, 2005 Belgian Warmblood stallion (Berlin x Darco)
Kristen VanderVeen (USA), Bull Run Jumpers Five LLC: 0/0/36.579
- Hilton van de Breepoel, 2007 Belgian Warmblood gelding (Contact Van de Heffinck x Opium)
Brittini Raflowitz (ISR), ESI Show Jumpers, Maarten Huygens & Darragh Kerins: 0/0/39.153
- Amex Z, 2009 Zangersheide mare (Andiamo Z x Landaris)
Todd Minikus (USA), Bit By Bit Group: 0/4/36.764
- Aragorn van Schuttershof, 2006 Belgian Sport Horse gelding (Quintero x Cento)
Maria Gabriela Brugal (DOM), Maria Gabriela Brugal Gasso: 0/4/40.014
- Upper, 2008 Selle Francais gelding (Diamant de Semilly x Nadir di san Patrignano)
David Oberkircher (USA), Southfields Farm LLC: 0/4/40.288
- Havana de la Lande, 2007 Dutch Warmblood mare (Nabab de Reve x Parco)
Elisa Uribe Gutierrez (COL), Elisa Uribe Gutierrez: 0/4/41.305
- All In, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Aachen x Indoctro)
Katherine Strauss (USA), Katherine Strauss LLC: 0/8/38.817
- Ardente Printaniere, 2006 Belgian Sport Horse mare (Joyeux Ardent x Ramiro)
- Sydney Shulman (ISR), Jill Shulman: 0/8/41.982
- Gotcha, 2011 Holsteiner mare (Stakkato x Cassini I)
Jack Hardin Towell (USA), Rock Ridge Farms: 0/8/45.422
- Fasther, 2010 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Vigo D’Arsouilles x Farmer)
Lillie Keenan (USA), Chansonette Farm LLC: 0/8/51.62
- Anastasia Du Park, 2010 Selle Francais mare (Tink’s Boy x Quidam de Revel)
Kady Abrahamson (USA), Abrahamson Equestrian LLC: 1/82.17
- Diablo VII, 2008 Dutch Warmblood gelding (Douglas x Cavalier)
Rowan Willis (AUS), Lucinda Huddy and Rowan Willis: 1/82.21
For full results from the $73,000 JTWG, Inc. Grand Prix CSI 2*, click here.
Tryon Summer 5 continues through Sunday, July 12, featuring a $25,000 Sunday Classic at about 10:00am in Tryon Stadium. While the entire Summer Series is closed to spectators, highlight classes are available for free live streaming at www.Tryon.com/streaming.
Photo credit ©Sportfot. Competitors can sign up for weekly packages at www.Sportfot.com. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with proper credit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
About Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort:
Tryon International Equestrian Center at Tryon Resort, host of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018, is one of the world’s ultimate equestrian lifestyle destinations with first-class facilities for all FEI disciplines and showcasing Hunter/Jumper, Equitation, Steeplechase, Polo, and multidiscipline events in Mill Spring, NC. From carousel to competition, the mission of Tryon Resort is to celebrate the magic of the horse, grow equestrian sport, and increase access to this majestic animal. A haven for equestrian competitors and enthusiasts, Tryon Resort is an iconic, year-round destination for connoisseurs of diverse cuisine and shopping, lodging getaways, and family entertainment. Learn more at www.Tryon.com or call 828-863-1000.