SRJT Ready to Present Hunter-Jumper Horse Shows Like They’ve Never Been Seen Before!
Lexington, KY – October 9, 2020 – The hunter world is about to undergo a major change and experience horse showing in a way that’s never been seen before. Starting in 2021, the Split Rock Jumping Tour (SRJT) is expanding to include hunters for the first time ever!
Split Rock has secured the Country Heir Horse Shows I and II and will add them to its 2021 Tour schedule as the Split Rock Hunter-Jumper Classics I and II CSI3*. The innovative hunter-jumper shows featuring FEI international show jumping alongside world-class hunters will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park, June 9-13 and June 15-20, 2021. The shows will feature classes for all levels – from cross-rails on up for hunters and from .60m and up for jumpers.
“The addition of the highly-popular Country Heir shows marks our first time offering a schedule for hunters,” said Split Rock Jumping Tour Founder and CEO Derek Braun. “Next year will be the seventh year of our Tour and we take great pride in what we have accomplished in bringing show jumping to a whole new level here in the U.S. I hope the hunter world is ready because we intend to present hunter horse shows in a completely different way from anything that’s ever been seen before. We are ready to bring to the hunters some of the same magic we’ve brought to the jumpers!”
Now in its sixth year, the SRJT has been revolutionizing the way the sport of show jumping is presented in the U.S. and has been creating a truly “unparalleled show jumping experience” for competitors, sponsors and spectators alike. Competing in the SRJT is unlike any other American horse show experience. SRJT competitions offer top prize money, extravagant awards, and numerous first-class amenities not typically found at any other horse show.
Split Rock’s two new horse shows are both USEF Premier Hunter and Level 6 Jumper rated. While next year’s schedule is not yet finalized, some of the highlights (pending USEF approval) are likely to include:
- $100,000 CSI3* FEI Grand Prix each week (6 or more FEI ranking classes)
- Junior/Amateur 1.40m TEAM CUP in “Nations Cup” format week 2
- $20,000 1.35m National Prix each week
- $25,000 (American Standard) National Grand Prix week 2
- Separate Adult and Children’s Jumper Classics each week
- Show Jumping Hall of Fame High Junior/Amateur Jumper Classic each week
- Medium Junior/Amateur Jumper Classic each week
- NAL Low Junior/Amateur Jumper Classic each week
- $20,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby each week
- $20,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby (Split pro and non-pro) week 1
- $40,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby (Split pro and non-pro) Week 2
- Pony Hunter Classic each week
- USHJA Pony Derby week 2
- USHJA Green Hunter Incentive each week
- $10,000 USHJA Green Hunter Challenge week 2
“As we develop plans for these shows, we will make the schedules and other information available,” said Braun. “We welcome input from both the jumper and hunter communities. We’ll also be adding hunters to some of our other tour stops as well so keep an eye out for our full 2021 calendar as we intend to put on spectacular hunter-jumper horse shows like they’ve never been seen before!”
The 2020 Split Rock Jumping Tour will conclude November 4-8 with the brand new Aiken International CSI2* at the Aiken Horse Park in Aiken, SC.
SRJT would like to thank the corporate partners and advertisers who helped make the 2020 Split Rock Jumping Tour a truly unparalleled experience!
• Animo • CWD • Dalman Jump Co • EquiFit • FarmVet • HorseFlight • Human Touch • Hyaluronex • John Deere/NTRA • PonyApp • Restylane • Roeckl • Vitalize Alimend •
SRJT has adopted Green is the New Blue operating standards to prioritize green practices at all Split Rock Jumping Tour events.
Additional information – including prize lists, schedules, news, entry, and ticket information – is available at the Split Rock Jumping Tour’s website at www.SplitRockJumpingTour.com.