Hippomundo.com has introduced the Hippomundo Award 2020, a yearly award which will be presented to someone who has put in remarkable effort to improve the horse industry over the past year. People are nominated by our panel of judges, who will take a vote to choose the final winner.
For this year’s first edition, eight personalities in the horse industry have been nominated which will be announced one by one on a daily basis as of Monday 11 January 2021. The nominees for the Hippomundo Award 2020 are:
- Paul Schockemöhle of Gestüt Lewitz is nominated for his knowledge in breeding, training and selling top-level horses in multiple disciplines.
- Steve Guerdat, current world number one, owes his nomination to his continuous commitment to make showjumping fair for all competitors.
- Klaus Plönzke, CEO of ClipMyHorse.TV brought the sport to us in times when coming together was no longer an option, which is why he is in contention for 2020’s Hippomundo Award.
- Sadri Fegaier, the founder of Hubside Jumping, is nominated for the fantastic organisation of a 2*, 4* and 5* show series in Saint Tropez despite the pandemic.
- Michel and Alexandrine Hécart from Haras de la Roque are nominated for the quality of their horses and the way they raise and produce them in respectful manner.
- Piper Klemm, editor of the Plaid Horse Magazine has been nominated for her continuous engagement to educate people on every aspect of equestrian sport, as well as ensuring it is accessible to people of all backgrounds.
- Andreas Helgstrand of Helgstrand Dressage owes his nomination to his investments in the dressage world, to take his discipline to a higher level.
- Roby Roberts of the World Equestrian Center is nominated for his investments in the equestrian sport in the USA by building a new world-class facility in Ocala, Florida.
The winner will be announced in Hippomundo.com’s very first Hippomundo Yearbook, a collection of their interesting rankings, exclusive interviews with some of the winners and other important people in the horse industry, and interesting articles.
|Hippomundo.com collects and produces horse-related data, making it easy to digest for riders, breeders, owners, media, federations and sponsors. Breeders enjoy unprecedented breeding tools and pedigrees and sports lovers benefit from in-depth analysis.|