Piper and Catie Staszak are joined by Augusta Iwasaki and Liz Reilly to talk about what it takes to be a top junior rider in the hunter and equitation rings and Miles Poola-or to talk about his equestrian journey as an equestrian of color. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 244:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Catie Staszak
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Guests: Augusta Iwasaski & Liz Reilly– pictured above with horse Rolo, winners of the $10,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby at Blenheim EquiSports June Classic II. Photo Credit: McCool Photography, Elizabeth Reilly and her husband and partner, Chris Iwasaki founded Makoto Farms in 2008 in Calabasas, California. Together they have created a competitive and highly successful show barn producing top horses and riders including their daughter, Augusta Iwasaki. Augusta has collected wins at every top horse show across the country in the pony hunters, junior hunters, equitation, jumpers and International Hunter Derbies.
- Guest: Miles Poola-or, Miles Poola-or is a featured rider in Equestrians of Color Project. He’s originally from Thailand and now lives in Orlando, FL where he’s finishing up his second masters degree in Mental health counseling. He started riding at 8 years old and was a jumper but now he dedicated his riding to the world of dressage.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Shop The Plaid Horse store for TPH Apparel
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson- Jockey Club, Research Foundation, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses