To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player below, the Horse Radio Network iOS App, Android App, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
On today’s show, Tonya speaks to top rider and trainer Samantha Schaefer about her career and recent success at derby finals. Tonya also speaks with clinical sport psychologist Eddie O’Connor about improving your sleep to improve your performance. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 245:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Host: Tonya Johnston, Visit her website, Facebook and buy her book Inside Your Ride
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Guest: Samantha Schaefer, pictured above, Samantha Schaefer is a top rider and trainer who had the good fortune of riding with some of the very best trainers in the business during her junior career. She won She had amazing success in the pony, junior hunter, junior jumper, and equitation divisions –winning national titles for many years with countless horses and ponies such as the Washington Equitation finals and USET finals. Samantha rode for Baylor University and led the country in the Amateur Owner Hunters before becoming a professional in 2017. She now has wins and national titles in the International Derbies, High Performance Hunters, and Open Jumpers. Samantha now works alongside her mother and fellow trainer Kate Conover at Shadow Ridge.
- Guest: Dr. Eddie O’Connor, author and host of “The Psychology of Performance: How to Be Your Best in Life”, Dr. Eddie O’Connor is a clinical sport psychologist specializing in performance anxiety and perfectionism. He is a Fellow and Certified Mental Performance Consultant through the Association of Applied Sport Psychology, and Member of the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee Sport Psychology Registry. Dr. O’Connor is author and host of “The Psychology of Performance: How to Be Your Best in Life” through The Great Courses, and Owner of Success Stories Membership – an online community of high achievers developing the physical and mental skills needed to perform with consistency and excellence.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Shop The Plaid Horse store for TPH Apparel
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson- Jockey Club, Research Foundation, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses