All photos courtesy of Andrew Ryback Photography
Roscoe, IL – September 19, 2021 – Showplace Productions would like to congratulate all the Illinois Hunter Jumper Association (IHJA) “B” Finals winners on their victories this past weekend at Ledges Sporting Horses in Roscoe, Illinois. In usual Showplace style, exhibitors were treated to gorgeous courses in the grand prix ring, fabulous awards and victory gallops, and a delicious brunch sponsored by IHJA.
Kicking off the day, 32 entries in the Marketing4Equestrians Hunter Derby Final were the first to leave hoof prints in the grand prix ring over show manager Patrick Boyle’s fantastic course. Gorgeous jumps and fun options lead to a great class, leaving Can’t Beat the Feeling and Carmine D’Aversa of Perfecta Farm, Elgin, Illinois, as the winners. D’Aversa has been a consistent competitor all season in the derbies and believes it is always good mileage for the horses and riders alike. D’Aversa also took home the second place award with Golden Gate Z, owned by Elese Hanson.
“It’s exciting to be in the big grand prix ring,” said D’Aversa. “The arena is always beautifully decorated and the course is challenging. I look forward to the derby finals every year. Showplace always does a fantastic job with the finals.”
Marketing4Equestrians (M4E), an equestrian marketing company, sponsors the derbies year-round and offers circuit awards which are presented at the finals. This year, winners received a gorgeous 16 x 20 custom canvas photo from Andrew Ryback Photography, courtesy of M4E and Andrew Ryback. Congratulations to the following:
- Carmine D’Aversa – Leading Professional Rider – Perfecta Farm and
- Can’t Beat the Feeling – Leading Horse – Perfecta Farm
- Ellen Darmstadter – Leading Junior Rider – Breakaway Farm.
- Ashley Trebatoski – Leading Amateur Rider – Sam Gorbett trainer.
- RESULTS – MARKETING4EQUESTRIANS HUNTER DERBY FINAL
- 1 – CAN’T BEAT THE FEELING – CARMINE D’AVERSA
- 2 – GOLDEN GATE Z – CARMEN D’AVERSA
- 3 – ITS ALL ABOUT MOXIE – ASHLEY TREBATOSKI
- 4 – INDISCREET – CARMINE D’AVERSA
- 5 – DOLCE – ELLEN DARMSTADTER
- 6 – SCOUT – CARMINE D’AVERSA
- 7 – ADVANTAGEOUS RJC – REBECCA WILLIAMS
- 8 – TRIXIE – KAILA JUDAY
- 9 – AMULETTE DE CARTIER – PIPER KLING
- 10 – TWO TO TANGO – OVY STANTELER
- 11 – WITTY COMEBACK – RACHEL BISHOP
- 12 – LOGIC – CHARLOTTE BOER
The Showplace Equitation Classic attracted another 35 riders who took their turn in the grand prix ring to see who would lead the second victory gallop of the day. After some additional testing was complete, it was Marianna Bruno of Geneva, Illinois, aboard Little Dancer, who took home the championship ribbon. Bruno trains with Christine Weaver of Compton Hills, Illinois.
“IHJA B Medal finals was a wonderful show! Showplace did a fantastic job putting on a great show.,” explained Weaver. “From office, ingate, announcers, and ring crew – all staff were a pleasure to deal with and made the show an enjoyable experience for all the riders and horses. The courses were beautifully set. The tests were appropriately detailed to each medals’ skill level, giving every rider a challenge while still encouraging them to ride to the best of their abilities. Everything made the riders (and horses) feel very important and special, even for all of the first-time medal riders!”
- RESULTS – SHOWPLACE EQUITATION CLASSIC
- 1 – MARIANNA BRUNO – LITTLE DANCER
- 2 – ADDYSON HANSON – FRESH PAINT
- 3 – ALISON BRANDT – UTOPIAN
- 4 – PAIGE MARQUIS – MANBA
- 5 – MACKENZIE HACKER – STAND BY ME
- 6 – AIDAN ROBERTSON – DAD’S IRISH LAD
- 7 – NINA KRANS – OUTSPOKEN
- 8 – KARA SOLAND – GRAND ARISTO
- 9 – ASHLEY ZIELINSKI – CASTLE KEEP
- 10 – KATE DALKE – TOPHAT AND TAILS
- 11 – STEPHANIE HERNENDEZ – BOB DES BAUMEISTER
- 12 – ALYSSA KRUEGER – CHECKMATE
IHJA “B” Medal Finals
Showplace Productions is pleased to host the IHJA “B” Medal Finals and offers a unique finals experience for riders of all levels. Riders learn from the opportunity to compete in championship format classes with courses and equitation tests that prepare them for the next level. Showplace Productions understands what exhibitors need and want and goes out of their way to make the show experience a memorable one. Congratulations to the 2021 IHJA “B” Medal Finals Champions!
Competition includes United States Hunter Jumper Association (USHJA) Outreach classes from walk trot and ground poles up to Junior and Amateur-Owner Hunters. Showplace Productions also includes classics for every division from Open Hunters to Pony Hunters and .60m Puddle Jumpers to .90m Children’s/Adult Jumpers.
Showplace Productions is the only horse show management team in the Midwest offering local B-rated horse shows with USHJA Outreach classes all year long. Their indoor arena and stabling is warm and comfortable during the winter and the outdoor arenas are perfectly maintained from spring to fall.
Join the IHJA for year-end points and awards. Visit IHJA.com to join or ask at the show office.