Description: Discover crucial details on recruiting software—we know it’s a tricky business! We’ve put together essential information to help you get started in the right direction.
Recruitment can be an uphill task for an organization. The process of sourcing prospects, contacting them, following them up, interviewing, and finally onboarding them (if they pass the interview) can be tedious for any organization.
In recent years, organizations have adopted recruitment software to make their recruitment process more efficient. And this change has brought about positive results, like helping to cut down the time to search for qualified prospects. It has also helped to aid in communicating with past and present applicants. These reveal how much recruitment software has changed the talent acquisition industry. In this article, we will take a closer look at recruitment software.
What is a Recruitment Software?
Recruitment software is a tool that uses artificial intelligence to simplify the hiring process of an organization. To put it in simple terms, it automates various activities that happen during a hiring process. Different people make use of recruitment software, but for the same reasons. Some of those people include Human resource managers of large corporations, recruiting agencies, and small business owners.
Types of Recruitment Software Available
Recruitment software is an umbrella term for various tools that aid in hiring new talents. Most applications cannot perform all recruitment software requirements, and if they do, probably not very effective in all. The three board categories of recruitment software are;
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System): ATS applications help find candidates and track them during the job application process. These applications process resumes and also help set up interviews. Some ATS applications can sort out resumes in minutes with the use of keywords. And then rank based on how close the applicants are to your keywords.
One downside is some of these applications can remove more qualified applicants because they did not have the keywords in their resumes. The email finding tool SignalHire is an example of an ATS application. It tracks the email address and phone numbers of candidates (both professional and private) that fit your company’s criteria with scary accuracy. SignalHire is also available as a Chrome plugin, which makes it even more convenient to use.
- CRM (Client Relationship Manager): CRM applications find prospects that match a company’s criteria, engage these prospects, and then nurture them over some time. CRM is mainly different from ATS in that CRM builds a relationship with its talent.
The candidates become part of the company’s database for future employment roles while ATS applicants apply for the job when available. No deep relationship exists between the recruiter and the applicants. CRM nurture for the future, which makes it less time-consuming if looking to fill an opening.
- Interview application: The application is as the name suggests. It helps to aid a recruiter when interviewing. The application can detect body moments, speech patterns, facial expressions, and more. There are applications that the recruiter doesn’t have to attend.
The candidates answer questions set by the recruiter while the application records. On some occasions, this application also recommends candidates based on metrics set by the recruiter.
Advantages of Using a Recruitment Software
There are several advantages to using recruitment software. Any organization that wants to improve and boost productivity will adopt these recruitment tools. Below are some reasons you should get recruitment software.
- Better Organisation: When you use talent tools, you and your organization are more organized when sourcing, processing, recruiting, and onboarding new hires. Since you are using automated applications, you can save dates, keep notes, rate candidates, and communicate with your other team members using this computerized software. These features make your life easier and get you better organized.
- Improves Communication: Communication is a critical aspect of recruiting. Recruiting tools can help you improve this by sending in emails straight from the application for tools integrated with Gmail. You can also send mass messages to everyone to convey a message on some CRM applications.
Communication doesn’t stop with the prospects, as recruitment software also helps to facilitate communication between team members. Some tools like chatbox help engage prospects if they want to get in touch and you are not readily available.
- Saves Time: Time is of the essence in the world of recruiting talents. So, it is essential that during the hiring process, you save as much time as possible. Some tools specialize in saving time, like automating the resume scanning process and talent search or conducting A.I.-controlled interviews.
- Improved Productivity: Productivity is a function of efficiency, which means cutting down on wastage. As a recruiter, you may have KPI attached to your recruitment process and measure your productivity. The software will help you maximize productivity by providing you with automated processes and saving your time.
You will complete activities faster, allowing you to concentrate on more pressing matters during the hiring process. Recruitment software also helps with integrating social media platforms with this software, making it easier to reach out to top candidates.
Questions to Ask Before You Get a Recruitment Software
There are many tools to assist you with your talent acquisition task, and therefore, it may be overwhelming when you want to decide what tools are best for you to use. There are some simple questions to ask yourself when hunting for recruitment software.
- Understand the problem: The first thing is to define and recognize the problem you want to solve. If the problem is monitoring emails better, then look for a tool that achieves this goal.
- Integration is crucial: While looking to improve your productivity, do not forget it will work with other tools. If it doesn’t integrate well with the other applications you are using, it’s best to look for another one.
- Easy-to-use tools are better: Hiring applications aim to make your work less complex. Any application that seems to do the opposite isn’t one for you.
These are some points to watch out for when looking to pick a new hiring application. Hiring software helps to improve the structure of your recruitment process. These are available to help and assist you as you look for potential candidates for your business or company. New users might feel a little intimidated at first, but hiring tools are usually easy to learn and use. So we hope you use them if you are not and if you are, be better at using them.