Piper and Traci Brooks are joined by Shanette Barth Cohen to talk about how The Hampton Classic Horse Show, Dominic Gibbs to talk about the equitation ring, and Bobby Tomberlin to talk about his new single, “I’ve lived country music”. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 250:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Traci Brooks
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Photo: Shawn McMillen Photography; Dominic Gibbs and Cent 15
- Guest: Shanette Barth Cohen, Shanette Barth Cohen has been the Executive Director of the Hampton Classic Horse Show for 16 years. Prior to that, her experience includes 10 years running the International Student Riding Association; working as the Director of Marketing Development of the AHSA (back when there was an AHSA in NYC), and running her own event planning and event marketing firm, Barth Group LLC, which had a variety of clients including The National Horse Show when it was at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Guest: Dominic Gibbs, Dominic Gibbs is a 17 year old equitation and jumper rider from Colorado Springs, Colorado. In 2020, Dominic earned top-five finishes in all four major equitation finals- fourth place in the Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Final, fifth place in the Platinum Performance / USEF Show Jumping Talent Search Finals – East, fourth-place in the Washington International Horse Show Equitation Finals and then finished off his year by winning the 2020 ASPCA Maclay National Championship at the National Horse Show.
- Guest: Bobby Tomberlin, CMA, ACM & Grammy nominee, Bobby Tomberlin, was raised in Luverne, Alabama, where he was a disc jockey at the young age of 11 and interviewed Country music icons including Johnny Cash, Keith Whitley and Tammy Wynette. Bobby was discovered by Mel Tillis and recently celebrated his 26th year as a staff songwriter for CURB Word Music. He co-wrote “One More Day”, recorded by Diamond Rio as well as Darryl Worley’s Top 10 hit, “A Good Day To Run” and the new Willie Nelson/Barbra Streisand single, “I’d Want It To Be You”. Bobby was one of the cast members of the CMT hit series, The Singing Bee, and has appeared on numerous television shows. Bobby has also been featured in several films and has done voice over work. Like his song says, Bobby really has lived Country Music.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Shop The Plaid Horse store for TPH Apparel
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson Jockey Club Research Foundation, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses