An “interview” with the show jumper (via her rider, Sandra Dalman!)
The Oldenburg mare was Reserve Champion 7-Year-Old at the USHJA Young Jumper Championship and earned top ribbons at GLEF
1. What do you love most about the show ring?
I love to horse show! I love to show off, be the best, get pats, and I like hearing the girls say they wish I could be theirs.
2. If you could try any human food, what would it be and why?
I don’t like sweets, I’m a veggie kind of girl!
3. What’s life like for you at home when you’re not competing?
I like to get turned out first thing, and if not, it ruins my day. I love working on the grass field, and trail riding out to see the young horses in the fields. They are very entertaining.
4. What do you like better: When the jumps get bigger or when the turns get tighter?
When the jumps get bigger and they let me go faster.
5. Who are your best friends?
Drake and Iowa are my show buddies, but I like my people too. I love snuggling with my mom and dad.
*This story was originally published in the October 2021 issue of The Plaid Horse. Click here to read it now and subscribe for issues delivered straight to your door!