Piper and Catie Staszak are joined by Julie Winkel and Tricia Booker to discuss their new book, Judging Hunters and Equitation: WTF? (Want The Facts?). Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 255:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Catie Staszak
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Guest: Julie Winkel, Julie Winkel is one of the foremost trainers, judges, clinicians and educators in the country. Julie is an R-rated judge in hunters, hunter breeding and hunter/jumping seat equitation since 1984 and has presided over many of the country’s most prestigious horse shows, such as Devon, the Pennsylvania National, Washington International, the National, Capital Challenge, the USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship, the USEF Pony Finals and the USEF/Sallie B. Wheeler National Hunter Breeding Championships. Julie has designed courses and judged the ASPCA Maclay Finals, the Dover/USEF Medal Finals, the Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search Finals-West and the New England Equitation Championships. Julie is also a committed volunteer to the sport and has served on many committees and task forces.
- Guest: Tricia Booker, Tricia Booker is a lifelong equestrian who has been fortunate to make horses her vocation and avocation. Tricia is an R-rated judge in hunters and hunter/jumping seat equitation and hunter breeding and has more than 30 years of judging experience. Tricia also owns and operates Cameron Green Media LLC and is an award-winning editor, writer and photographer. As the editor of the United States Hunter Jumper Association’s In Stride magazine since 2010 and former editor/staff member of The Chronicle of the Horse, Tricia has traveled the country and world taking photographs and covering equestrian competitions for more than three decades.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Shop The Plaid Horse store for TPH Apparel
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, OptiJoints, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses