If you have been consuming an overdose of CBD oil, you need to be well aware of CBD oil risks. Lethal doses of CBD oil may cause lethal reactions in the body. It is crucial to note that if you are suffering from a chronic disease, the side effects of using too much CBD oil will only worsen your condition.
So, how do we calculate the accurate amount of CBD oil to be taken? What are the steps required to save yourself from the discomfort caused by CBD oil overdose? Let’s learn about it in detail!
What is CBD oil?
Primarily, CBD oil is a non-intoxicating extract of the cannabis plant that is used to make marijuana for consumption. It is formed by mixing together CBD with other carrier oils like coconut or sunflower oil. Its main role is to treat pain, anxiety, inflammation, as well as boost your appetite.
Furthermore, CBD oil mainly controls the opioid receptors, glycine receptors, and other hormones stimulating mental and physical health. It also helps in controlling multiple health issues including acne, anxiety, depression, and elevated pain.
How to calculate CBD oil concentration?
Although it is not easy to calculate the amount of CBD oil to be used, it is important to do so to combat CBD oil risks. Take a drop of CBD oil and calculate its volume that would be approximately 0.05 ml. Now, do the calculations to get the exact value of the CBD oil and measure it in the form of drops. In this way, you will be able to identify the exact dose of CBD oil. Alternatively, you may consult the company for this purpose.
Side Effects of Too Much CBD Oil
Taking too much CBD oil may be injurious to your health as it will definitely lead to chronic side effects. Some of the common side effects of too much CBD oil are:
- Nausea: you are likely to experience a feeling of hangover once you overdose on CBD oil.
- Drowsiness: excess use of CBD oil may affect mental health and cause sleepiness.
- Vomiting: improper diet and health conditions may result in vomiting.
- Dry mouth: when the CBD activates the cannabinoid receptors in the mouth, it will reduce saliva secretion.
- Diarrhea conditions: be prepared to welcome an upset digestive system by risking yourself to excessive CBD oil.
How to reduce CBD Oil Risks?
Here are some instructions to help you cope up with the side effects of CBD oil risks.
- Drink a lot of water and other fluids to wet the dry mouth.
- Make sure to buy a good quality FDA-certified CBD oil product for consumption.
- Always start from a low dose and gradually start moving towards a higher dosage.
- Just in case you feel dizzy or drowsy with CBD oil consumption, do not hesitate to take a little rest. Keep your mind open and clear.
- Take CBD oil with food because so that it provides your stomach with ample potential to compete with the high doses of CBD oil.