Piper and Michael Tokaruk are joined by Erynn Ballard to discuss what it takes to be a top Grand Prix jumper rider and Camille Schenk to talk about the various careers available in the equestrian industry. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 261:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Michael Tokaruk
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Pictured: Erynn Ballard and Nanini van d’Abelendreef. Photo by Andrew Ryback Photography
- Guest: Erynn Ballard, Equally talented in hunter, jumper and equitation rings from a young age, Erynn Ballard became only the second Canadian to win the prestigious ASPCA Maclay National Championship at the 1998 National Horse Show at Madison Square Garden. The following year, Erynn captured the individual gold medal at the 1999 North American Young Rider Championship. Erynn made her Nations Cup debut at the 2006 Spruce Meadows ‘Masters’ tournament, helping Canada to achieve victory for the first time in the event’s history, and was named the 2006 Equine Canada “Equestrian of the Year”. Erynn is currently ranked 31st in the world and is the 2nd ranked female rider. Erynn is currently the full time rider for Ilan Ferder Stables.
- Guest: Camille Schenk, Camille Schenk has been actively involved in the equestrian community since childhood and competed at hunter/jumper shows up and down the West Coast as a working student. Camille was a member of the Centenary University Equestrian Team and earned a degree in Equine Studies before going on to work within the equestrian industry in numerous capacities. Camille has experience in competition management and operation, training, exercise riding, and more.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Shop The Plaid Horse store for TPH Apparel
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, OptiWize, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses