Piper and Traci Brooks are joined by Hero Bean Stevenson to talk about mental health in the equestrian world and Eric Goossens to discuss breeding and the importance of data in the breeding world. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 265:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Traci Brooks
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services
- Pictured: Hero Bean Stevenson. The Plaid Horse Magazine – The Education Issue 2021
- Guest: Hero Bean Stevenson, Hero Bean Stevenson is an equestrian, Master’s Student of Clinical Psychology, and the creator and host of the All Of Us Podcast. Hero grew up between Los Angeles and New York, and rode competitively through her junior years on both coasts. After taking a few years off from horse showing to attend Barnard College and the University of Southern California, Hero has settled primarily in Los Angeles where she attends graduate school, hosts All Of Us, and rides competitively in the Adult Hunters.
- Guest: Eric Goossens, Eric Goossens was born and raised around horses. He always dreamed of having his own breeding farm. In 2001, Eric started Haras de la Vie as a hobby. In 2011, he sold his other business and went full time into horses. In 2012, Eric had an accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. He continued trying to fulfill his dream and in 2014, Eric joined the founder of Hippomundo, which is a platform where bloodlines, breeders, performances, riders and owners all come together. Every year, Eric breeds five to six foals and sells them worldwide but most of the time Eric is behind his computer working for Hippomundo, trying to support all breeders with useful information based on facts.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, OptiWize, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition