Piper and Traci Brooks are joined by author and sports columnist Mike Lupica to talk about his new book, The Horsewoman, that he co-wrote with James Patterson. Maria Takacs also joins to talk about raising a teenager in the equestrian world and judging. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 269:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Traci Brooks
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Photo Credit: “The Horsewoman” by Mike Lupica
- Guest: Mike Lupica, Mike Lupica is a veteran sports columnist—spending most of his career with the New York Daily News—who is now a member of the National Sports Media Association Hall of Fame. For three decades, Mike was a panelist on ESPN’s The Sports Reporters. As a novelist, Mike has written sixteen New York Times bestsellers, his latest being The Horsewoman. Mike’s daughter has been a competitive rider since the age of ten.
- Guest: Maria Takacs, Maria Takacs is a USEF large “R” Judge in Hunter and Hunter/Jumping Seat Equitation. Maria rode to many national titles as a junior and amateur rider including Devon, The Pennsylvania National, Washington International and The Capital Challenge. She has trained with many outstanding professionals including Leo Conroy, John French, Jennifer Bauersachs and David Belford. She now owns and operates Heathersfield Farm LLC, a private training and boarding stable located in Oldwick, NJ. Her students, which include her daughter, Samantha Takacs, have won numerous national titles including the USEF Pony Finals, Devon, Harrisburg, Washington and The Capital Challenge. Maria received her B.S. in Economics from Lafayette College and earned her CPA license in the State of Pennsylvania. Before opening her stable, Maria worked as an Institutional Emerging Market Salesperson for Morgan Stanley in New York City.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, OptiWize, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition