Piper and Catie Staszak are joined by Grand Prix rider Lauren Crooks to talk about high performance show jumping and Dr. Stephen Reed joins to talk about the EHV-1 virus outbreak in California. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 273:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Catie Staszak
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Pictured: Lauren Crooks, Photo Credit: Andrew Ryback Photography
- Guest: Lauren Crooks, Lauren Crooks is an international show jumper with prestigious Grand Prix wins throughout North America including Spruce Meadows, Wellington, Thunderbird, Kentucky. She founded Crooks Show Jumping in 2011 and runs it with her husband James Brennan, a very successful international Irish show jumper. Crooks Show Jumping provides outstanding training to clients of every level and exceptional development of horses through the Grand Prix circuit.
- Guest: Dr. Stephen Reed, Dr. Stephen Reed earned his DVM at The Ohio State University, followed by a residency at Michigan State University. Dr. Reed started his academic teaching career at Washington State University from 1979-1983, and then returned to The Ohio State University where he spent 26 years as a professor and mentor in the Equine Medicine department. Dr. Reed is a Diplomate in the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and is a noted author and editor of numerous scientific articles and textbooks. Dr. Reed has spoken at many state, national and international meetings. His primary research interests include Equine Neurologic Diseases. He is currently an Internal Medicine Specialist and shareholder of the Practice at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital, Emeritus Professor of The Ohio State University, an Adjunct Professor at the University of Kentucky and is currently the Chairman of the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Advisory Committee.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Legends Horse Feed, Excel Supplements, OptiWize, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition