An “Interview” with the Show Jumper (via his rider, Jamie Taylor!)
The 11-year-old Oldenburg gelding won the $50,000 CSI4*-W 1.45m Las Vegas National Winning Round Jumper Classic.
1. How do you feel when you step into the show ring?
I really like it because everyone is watching me. I used to be nervous in front of a crowd, but I have learned that that means it’s a big deal, and I really enjoy that.
2. What’s your favorite part of a jump off—going fast or tight turns?
3. Tell us about your rider.
She’s okay. She likes to go fast too, although I like to go faster. She feeds me enough cookies; I’ll keep her. I like to eat pretty much everything. If I can take it, I will eat it.
4. What’s life like for you at home when you’re not competing?
The work at home is pretty boring. I tend to be pretty against it unless we’re jumping. That’s always fun.
5. What was it like winning that big class in Las Vegas?
It was super fun. I got to go really fast, which is my favorite, and then I got to go really fast again in the victory gallop, which might be even more fun!
*This story was originally published in the March 2022 issue of The Plaid Horse. Click here to read it now and subscribe for issues delivered straight to your door!