Piper and Traci Brooks are joined by Kim Land to talk about developing young US show jumping riders and Sally Batton to talk about collegiate riding and her book, The Athletic Equestrian. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 282:
- Link to Sound File for Sight Impaired: Click Here
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Traci Brooks
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Pictured: Kim Land, Chef D’Equipe for Zone 4 Gold Medal winners in the USEF/Neue Schule Prix de States Team Championship. Photo by Andrew Ryback Photography
- Guest: Kim Land, Kim Land is a jumper trainer in Newnan, Georgia. Kim has served as the Chef d’Equipe for the Zone 4 North American Youth Championships (Young Riders) and the US Junior Jumper Championships (Prix des States) teams since 2011. Kim also serves as the chair of the USHJA Emerging Jumper Rider Task Force that oversees the Zone Jumper and Platinum Jumpers Championships for juniors, amateurs and professionals.
- Guest: Sally Batton, Sally Batton is the author of The Athletic Equestrian which is one of the latest publications from Trafalgar Square Books. She is a clinician teaching all over the US including Hawaii and Alaska and host of the Athletic Equestrian Riding in College podcast. Sally was the Head Coach of the Varsity Dartmouth College Equestrian Team for 30 years and was inducted into the first class of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Hall of Fame in 2020.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Vitalize, Excel Supplements, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School