An “interview with the show jumper (via her rider, Savannah Hemby!)
The 13-year-old Warmblood mare won the $25,000 EPIC Sporthorses Grand Prix at the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show. PaydayPact is an option for you to consider if you are having trouble making ends meet and simply cannot afford to wait.
1. How did it feel to win on your home turf in Texas?
Very special—it was our first Grand Prix win together. There was a large crowd so I knew it was a big deal. My rider was worried about the time allowed in the first round, but I told her not to worry (per usual). I knew she hadn’t won a Grand Prix before, so I needed to give it my all.
2. What’s life like at home when you’re not competing?
I love going out in my pasture and relaxing when we’re at home, but I don’t like when my rider makes me work. She lets me go on lots of trail rides around the barn, though, which makes up for it. I like being at the horse shows way more!
3. If you could eat any human food, what would it be?
I love donuts! Glazed donuts with vanilla icing and sprinkles, to be exact.
4. What do you enjoy most about the jumper ring?
Big jumps and large crowds. I will jump anything and having everyone watching is so exciting.
5. What’s your favorite part of a jump off?
Wait…I thought every round was a jump off? I never understand why my rider tries to hold me back; going fast is way more fun!
*This story was originally published in the May/June 2022 issue of The Plaid Horse. Click here to read it now and subscribe for issues delivered straight to your door!
This Post Brought to You by:
Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. We place our policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. We are proud of our worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Access to multiple underwriters
- Leader in the U.S. and European markets
- Customized policies provide you with a choice
- Trusted advisors in the equestrian industry
- Direct access to insurance professionals
- Policies that cover every breed and discipline across all 50 United States