Piper is joined by Britt McCormick to talk about his new role as Chief Operating Officer of HITS LLC and Dr. Mieke Holder to talk about equine nutrition and the importance of organic minerals for our horses. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 286:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: Britt McCormick has been an owner, rider and trainer for over 25 years at Elmstead Farm LLC in Parker, Texas. Britt is a former managing partner of the Las Colinas Equestrian Center and has been the show manager of Premier, National and local horse shows. Britt currently serves as the Chair of the National Breeds and Disciplines Council and is a member of the National Hunter Committee and Competition Task Force at USEF. Britt is also on the Board of Directors at USHJA and has chaired several committees. Britt has served as a licensed official at top horse shows across the country as both a Judge and a Course Designer. Britt now joins HITS LLC as their Chief Operating Officer as they continue to elevate the brand and reinvigorate their world-class horse shows.
- Photo Courtesy of HITS LLC
- Guest: Dr. Mieke Holder is a Senior Research Scientist in the Research Department at Alltech. Her research focuses on equine nutrition, and the use of Alltech technologies to improve feed and nutrient utilization, horse health, and environmental sustainability. Prior to joining Alltech in this position Mieke was a faculty member at the University of Kentucky, focusing on the environmental impact of grazing livestock. Mieke earned her PhD in Equine Nutrition from the University of Kentucky under the guidance of Dr Laurie Lawrence. Originally from South Africa, she earned her M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Animal Sciences from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Excel Supplements, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School