To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player below, the Horse Radio Network iOS App, Android App, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
Piper and Michael Tokaruk are joined by Stephanie Macejko to talk about the Breyer model horse world and Breyer’s yearly event, BreyerFest and Florian Moreno to talk about the different therapies he has developed for our horses that can aid in recovery and can help to prevent injuries. Piper also speaks with top rider and trainer Nikko Ritter about growing up in the horse industry and the challenges that young equestrian professionals face. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 287:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Michael Tokaruk
- Guest: Florian Moreno grew up in France and began riding at the age of four and eventually established a career as a professional rider. Florian competed at the Grand Prix level for years and found himself looking for the right support to help his horses- cryotherapy was his answer. After seeing the benefits and abilities of cryotherapy firsthand, Florian established America Cryo. America Cryo offers a range of products and devices that aid in rehabilitation and recovery while providing preventative care.
- Guest: Stephanie Macejko is the Vice President of Marketing and Product Development at Breyer. Stephanie’s passion for horses has always steered her personal and professional lives. Stephanie received her Equine degree with a Business minor at Centenary University in Hackettstown, New Jersey. Stephanie’s extensive horse world knowledge and marketing sense have been assets to Breyer’s growth, evolution, and commitment to quality for over 25 years. At Breyer, Stephanie oversees wide-ranging responsibilities including BreyerFest, social media, direct-to-consumer ecommerce sales, and collector programs, plus relationships with horse owners and artists.
- Guest: Nikko Ritter grew up riding and showing under the tutelage of his mother Wendy Peralta and a number of top professionals in the industry. After a highly successful junior career which included winning the 2004 Southeast Regional Maclay, winning the 2005 Calvin Klein Show Jumping Derby at the Hampton Classic which he was also youngest rider ever to win, winning the 2006 ASPCA Maclay Regionals and winning the 2007 USEF Talent Search East Coast, Nikko became a professional, training and showing young horses and teaching riders of all levels. Nikko rode professionally for Mclain Ward at Castle Hill, Missy Clark at North Run, Frank Madden at Old Salem Farm and most recently for Peter Leone at Lionshare Farm. During this time, Nikko gained a vast amount of experience and knowledge in both the training and competition rings. In 2016, Nikko Ritter Showstables was born as a result of Nikko’s decision to take the knowledge and experienced he had amassed from riding for top industry names. Since then, Nikko has produced horses and riders to international levels in the jumpers, hunters and equitation.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Excel Supplements, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School