Piper and Catie Staszak are joined by Lucy Davis to talk about her show jumping career and her new business, Prixview. Junior rider Campbell Hudkins also joins to talk about how she juggles school and showing in the equitation. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 290:
- Hosts: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Catie Staszak
- Guest: Grand Prix rider Lucy Davis is an Olympic medalist with over 20 nations cups starts, multiple 5* grand prix wins, was on the US team at the World Equestrian Games. Originally from Los Angeles, California, Lucy studied Engineering – Architecture at Stanford University and founded PonyApp right out of school in 2015 and her newest company, Prixview in 2021. Prixview is the leading sports data provider for the equestrian sport of show jumping. Prixview collects official live competition data and processes it into insights and analytics for modern media and gaming brands. Prixview has built the first and most comprehensive fantasy sports games for equestrian. Free-to-play, Prixview’s fantasy offerings award real cash prizes, while aggregating, engaging and educating a growing equestrian audience.
- Guest: Campbell Hudkins is a rising sophomore at the independent boarding school, Suffield Academy, in Suffield, CT. Campbell began riding at the age of 3 at a local stable. Campbell’s horse show career started in the small and medium pony hunter divisions, and at the age of 9, she transitioned to horses and began competing in equitation. Campbell has been training with Max Amaya, T.J. O’ Mara, and Krista Freundlich of Stonehenge Stables for 5 years now. In 2020, Campbell won the EMO/USHJA Jumping Seat Medal Final- East and was also the recipient of the USHJA Youth Leadership Award. In 2021, she achieved her goals of competing at the 3’6” equitation finals and finished in the top 24 at the ASPCA Maclay Final, and she was selected to represent Zone 1 in the Children’s Division at the North American Youth Championships.
- Photo courtesy of Lucy Davis
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Excel Supplements, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School