To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player below, the Horse Radio Network iOS App, Android App, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
Piper is joined by TJ O’Mara to talk about starring in our new film, Dual Enrolled, and what it’s like to be training the top junior riders in our sport after being one himself not long ago. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 291:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: TJ O’Mara grew up riding and started when he was 12 years old. Originally from Rumson, New Jersey, TJ was very involved from a young age, and was inspired to become a professional after placing in his first equitation finals at the age of 15. In his last junior year, TJ picked up multiple equitation championships including the 2016 George Morris Excellence in Equitation Championship, the 2016 Platinum Performance/USEF Show Jumping Talent Search Finals, and the 2016 Pessoa/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Finals. TJ was also awarded the Iris McNeil Perpetual Trophy, given to the junior rider who exemplifies a professional work ethic. After a successful junior career, TJ graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Economics. While attending college, TJ became a professional in the sport and after graduating, TJ worked for Jos Lansink in Belgium for six months where he learned to develop young horses, advanced his flatwork of Grand Prix horses, and competed internationally. Since 2020, TJ has been working full-time with Stonehenge Stables. With his successful equitation background and international jumper experience, TJ excels in teaching young riders and developing sale horses into confident Grand Prix horses.
- Photo Credit: The Book, LLC
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Excel Supplements, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School