The United States is the land of opportunity for many who want to know this country. From harsh winters to cozy summers, the US is a country that calls for adventure, excitement, and joy. In this article, we will share with you some facts you will love about the United States.
Facts of the land of the opportunities
Maybe you heard these facts at some point, or perhaps it is new to you. However, what we do know in this article is your desire to travel to this wonderful country, full of opportunities and cultures from all over the world.
Read carefully. You will have interesting facts that will make you want to travel to the United States even more.
1. The United States is one of the most diverse countries in the world. It has more than 300 ethnic groups. This means that there are people from all over the world living here.
2. There are more than 200 languages spoken in America. That makes it easy for everyone to communicate with each other.
3. The United States was the first nation to abolish slavery. They did so on July 4th, 1776.
4. The United States has the largest economy in the world by GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
5. The United States is home to the Statue of Liberty. It stands at 305 feet (92.96 m) tall.
6. The United States is the only developed country with no official national language.
7. In 1804, George Washington proclaimed May 30th as “National Memorial Day.” He wanted Americans to remember those soldiers who died fighting during the War for Independence.
8. The United States leads the world in terms of military and total defense expenditures.
9. The United States is located in North America. It shares borders with Canada to the north, Mexico to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
10. The United States is nicknamed the “Empire State.” New York is its official nickname.
11. The United States is considered the birthplace of the United Nations. President Harry Truman signed the charter into law on October 24th, 1945.
12. The United States is also called the “Great American Nation.”
13. The United States is famous for being where immigrants come to live their dreams.
14. The United States is a federal republic composed of 50 states, three territories, and various possessions.
15. The United States is divided into four time zones: Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST), Mountain Standard Time (MST), and Pacific Standard Time (PST).
16. The United States uses the metric system for weights and measures.
17. The United States has a bicameral legislature consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives.
18. The United States is made up of fifty states, three territories, five inhabited self-governing islands, and numerous unincorporated communities.
19. The United States has 535 counties, 64 major cities, and 1 capital city.
20. The United States has 49,576 miles (ca. 79,785 km) of coastline.
21. The United States is often called the “Land of Opportunity” because of its open-door policy toward immigration.
22. The United States is ranked number one in the world regarding quality of life.
23. The United States is known for having the highest standard of living in the world.
24. The United States is highly regarded for its extensive public education system.
25. The United States is well known for its technological superiority.
The list of facts is to give you an overview of the US, and to inspire you to explore and travel around it. Something important to keep in mind is that it is very popular to take a car trip around, rent a car and explore. In each state and even in each city, you can find big differences, including cultures, rules, and architecture among others.
Do you need a visa to enter the United States?
Yes, you do, depending on your nationality. Here at [US ESTA Visa], you can apply quickly and easily. In no time you will have the documentation you need to visit these amazing places in the US.