Edited Press Release
Lexington, KY – August 5, 2022 – Junior and amateur riders took center stage in the Rolex Stadium Friday morning for the low, medium and high jumper classics. The Medium Junior and Amateur jumper riders put on a show, turning up in top form in hopes of claiming the lion’s share of the prize in the 1.30m Medium JR/AM Jumper. In the end, it was Alexa Elle Lignelli who took the first place podium aboard Billy Marionette, Reid Arani and Valmont De Vizy taking the red ribbon and Daneli Miron aboard Maldonado SCF rounding out the top three.
Bernardo Costa Cabral (POR) set forth a technical track that featured several challenging obstacles set to test the athletes’ jumping technique. The exciting class saw a total of 12 horse-and-rider pairs take to the 2(a) class, though only 3 of those combinations were able to jump Cabral’s track clear.
The contenders were met with several challenges in the competition, many of which were bumped out of contention for the podium experiencing knocked rails. Having had the opportunity to watch others before her, Alexa Elle Lignelli went in confidently and set the bar for the rest of the class. Lignelli and Hampton Green Farm LLC’s 7-year-old Warmblood mare, Billy Marionette, jumped effortlessly around the track for a clear ride to take the victory with a quick 63.287 seconds.
Following closely behind was Reid Arani aboard Marigot Bay Farm LLC’s Valmont De Vizy. Arani guided the 13-year-old Selle Francais gelding through all the tricky parts of the track with composure allowing him to jump in perfect form and give it his all to carry her all the way to the victory gallop. Arani crossed through the timers in a clear 71.645 seconds but was unfortunately unable to beat Lignelli’s time, securing them their red ribbon.
Daneli Miron and Miron Sport Horses LLC’s Maldonado SCF entered the Rolex Stadium with their game faces on in an attempt to knock Lignelli out of the top spot. Miron and the 10-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding were hopeful, stepping on the gas pedal and traveling quickly across the ground, cutting corners at any and every opportunity. In the end, the pair’s attempt to overturn the victory was unsuccessful, stopping the timers at 72.489 seconds to take home the third-place finish.
1.30m Medium JR/AM Jumper
Place / Horse / Rider / Owner / R1 Time | R1 Faults
1. Billy Marionette / Alexa Elle Lignelli / Hampton Green Farms LLC / 0 | 63.287
2. Valmont De Vizy / Reid Arani / Marigot Bay Farm, LLC / 0 | 71.645
3. Maldonado SCF / Daneli Miron / Miron Sport Horses LLC / 0 | 72.489
4. Untouchable 34 / Ellie Ferrigno / Molly Ohrstrom / 4 | 58.512
5. Formation / Sofia Cady / Sofia Cady / 4 | 61.665
6. Fawkes / Lindsay Lyden / Lindsay Lyden / 4 | 64.840
7. Valentine Belmaniere / Allison Ekeroth / Mattias Ekeroth LLC / 8 | 67.298
8. Florendence WV / Reilly Gogul / Reilly Gogul / 8 | 72.129
9. Lyrants Van’t Gebroekt / Hadley Becker / Hadley Becker / 8 | 74.555
10. Crime Time 6 / Alexandra Kozlov / Alexandra Kozlov / 12 | 60.974
11. Only You Z / Nicole Velazco Magana / Nicole Velazco Magana / 19 | 86.256
12. Milday Des Bruyeres / Ann Marie Cowdrey / Ann marie Cowdrey / 31 | 102.932
This Post Brought to You by:
Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk.We place our policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. We are proud of our worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Access to multiple underwriters
- Leader in the U.S. and European markets
- Customized policies provide you with a choice
- Trusted advisors in the equestrian industry
- Direct access to insurance professionals
- Policies that cover every breed and discipline across all 50 United States