Piper is joined by bestselling author Elizabeth Letts to talk about her books, including the Eighty-Dollar Champion. Sandra and Javan Dalman also join to talk about their high performance boutique boarding, training, and sales operation and their jump design business, Dalman Jump Co., the Official Jump Company of US Equestrian. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 296:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: Elizabeth Letts is the author of three bestselling books about horses, the Eighty-Dollar Champion, The Perfect Horse, and The Ride of her Life. A former competitive eventer, Elizabeth lives on a ranch in Wyoming where she rides her two quarter horses, Lucy and Jackson.
- Guest: International show jumper Sandra Dalman knew she wanted to work with horses since the age of 3. It’s that unwavering passion for both the animal and the sport that has carried her to success at the top levels of the industry. Sandra has earned top accolades in everything from FEI Grand Prix events to young jumper championships, USHJA International Hunter Derbies, and more. On the cusp of making her CSI5* debut, Sandra runs her own Dalman Show Jumping out of Wellington, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky with a focus on developing high performance show jumping prospects as well as buying and selling of quality show horses across the hunter and jumper disciplines.
- Guest: Javan Dalman is the owner and founder of Dalman Jump Co., the Official Jump Company of US Equestrian and the largest in North America. Known as the most unique “artist” of the show jumping circuit, Javan has made a habit out of impacting the show jumping landscape with his meter-sixty creations. Dalman jumps have appeared on course throughout North America, from the Split Rock Jumping Tour to World Cup and Nations Cup events, Equitation Finals and USHJA International Hunter Derbies—as well as at countless home farms for training.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo and American Equestrian School