To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player below, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
Piper and Cira Pace Malta speak with top hunter professionals Jennifer Bliss and Molly Sewell about what it takes to make it in the equestrian industry. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 305:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine and Cira Pace Malta
- Guest: Jennifer Bliss grew up in New York and showed extensively on the “A” horse show circuit as a Junior rider earning Pony Finals championships, WCHR awards in the pony and junior hunter divisions, and top 10 placings in the Equitation Finals. Jenn opened Harris Hill Farm, LLC in 2008 and has worked her way up to establish herself as a successful Professional rider and trainer. Jenn’s main passion is developing special young hunters. Many of her biggest achievements in the show ring have come on horses that she has brought along herself- including the 2014 WCHR Developing Pro National Championship, top placings at Devon and Indoors, National and International Hunter Derby wins, top 10 finishes in the USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship and the Palm Beach Hunter Spectacular, and top 5 ribbons in the USHJA PreGreen Incentive Finals. Jenn earned her official USHJA Trainer’s Certification in 2011 and holds her USEF “R” Judge’s license for the Hunter and Equitation divisions.
- Guest: Molly Sewell is a top hunter professional from Wellington, Florida where she operates Molly Sewell LLC. A talented and successful junior rider, Molly capped off her amateur career in 2001 by winning the Ariat Adult Medal Finals at the Capital Challenge Horse Show. Molly then entered college to focus on completing her degree at the University of Central Florida. In 2008, Molly was Reserve Champion in the WCHR Emerging Professional Challenge at the Capital Challenge Horse Show and two years later, she was the 2010 WCHR Emerging Professional Challenge Champion.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Photo Credit: Sportfot & Anne Gittins Photography
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian, America Cryo, Nikovian, American Stalls, Lauracea, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, and American Equestrian School