To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player below, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
Piper, Catie Staszak and Cira Pace Malta speak with Heather Caristo-Willams about growing up in the horse world and her journey to representing the US show jumping team internationally. We also talk with trainer & rider Vanessa Roman about how she uses a mindful, grateful approach to riding and teaching. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 306:
- Hosts: Piper Klemm, publisher of The Plaid Horse, Cira Pace Malta and Catie Staszak
- Guest: Heather Caristo-Williams is a show jumper who is based in Saugerties, New York and Wellington, Florida. She was a 3 time national hunter champion in her junior career. Heather also won ribbons in the equitation finals and was a 3 time gold medal winner in Young Riders. More recently, Heather competes mainly in the jumpers and has represented the US on several Nations Cup Teams. In addition to showing, Heather continues to develop young horses and train at her family’s barn, Glenview Stables. (Pictured above)
- Guest: Vanessa Roman fell in love with horses at a young age while taking riding lessons at a small family farm in Stamford, Connecticut. Vanessa earned a B.A. at UMASS Amherst where the head coach of the riding program connected her with eventing riders Karen and David O’Connor. Vanessa worked with the O’Connor’s as a groom for two and a half years. Vanessa moved on to the Boulder Brook Equestrian Center in 2007, where she worked as a trainer for 13 years. In 2019, Vanessa decided to venture out on her own until she partnered with Michael DelFIandra and Grafton Ridge LLC was formed. Vanessa’s unique style, which incorporates a mindful approach to the training of both horse and rider, incorporates a positive and relaxed environment at the stables.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Photo Credit: Sportfot
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: Purina Animal Nutrition, Alexis Kletjian Jewelry, America Cryo, Nikovian, American Stalls, Lauracea, Wordley Martin Premium Equestrian Surfaces, Show Strides Book Series, Online Equestrian College Courses, With Purpose: The Balmoral Standard, and American Equestrian School