Edited Press Release
National School Horse Day has been founded by Grand Prix Equine to honor horses in riding programs whose purpose is to develop and perfect a rider’s skill set. These special animals have the kindest hearts and take excellent care of their riders under the expertise of a trainer. School horses are the foundation of all riding programs and without them, the industry would suffer greatly.
With the goal of lending financial support to 10 notable school horses or ponies, Grand Prix Equine is seeking nominations from you to make the best choice. They will provide $300 for each horse as a small token of their appreciation for these noble steeds.
To nominate your favorite school horse, send a photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Horse’s Name
- Name of farm or riding program and address (where they we mail/drop off the prize)
- Horse owner’s name, phone number and/or email (how they can be contacted them if their
- horse is a winner)
- A brief description of why you are nominating this horse or pony
- Horses nominated must be currently active in a school horse program.
- All of the information above is required for a nomination to be accepted.
- Only one horse per owner/riding program will be accepted. If multiple horses are nominated from the same program, the horse with the most nominations will be entered (or the one that was entered first).
- Nominations will be accepted until 2/21/23
- Voting begins on 2/22/23
- How to vote: Visit Grand Prix Equine’s Facebook page and like the photo with your favorite school horse. Only “likes” on the original post count towards the total number of votes.
- Winners will be announced on National School Horse Day, Tuesday March 1st and owners will be contacted to arrange prize distribution