Edited Press Release
The National Horse Show has made changes to the Maclay Finals qualifying criteria. Recognizing that the qualifying specifications that were established on September 1, 2022 were complicated and confusing to some, after listening to members and meeting with the National Horse Show Equitation Committee, the National Horse Show has worked to simplify the process of qualifying and competing in the Finals.
As posted Feb. 10, 2023, the following has been established:
• All riders who meet the point requirement of their official point state of residence with USEF to qualify for the Finals may enter and compete in the Maclay Finals
• Regionals are completely optional
• Riders who meet the point requirement of their official point state of residence with USEF to qualify for the Regionals (1/2 the points required for the finals) may enter and compete in any Regional competition
•The Champion, Reserve Champion, and Third place finisher from each Regional competition will be awarded National Horse Show Scholarships as follows: Champion $1000, Reserve $750, and Third $500.
•The Champion, Reserve Champion, and Third place finisher from each Regional competition, if not otherwise qualified, will receive invitations to compete in the ASPCA Maclay Finals. Only riders who have met the Maclay point requirements to compete in the Regionals are eligible.
•Riders qualified for the Hamel Foundation NHS 3’3” Equitation Championships may enter and compete in any Regionals provided they have points from competing in Maclay classes in the same competition year. This opportunity is offered for riders to gain valuable experience but in no way offers the ability to qualify for the Maclay Finals unless these riders have met the Maclay point requirements to compete in Regionals. Qualifying for the Maclay Finals is based solely on Maclay points earned.
• Saturday, November 4th: 70 second warm-up will be open to all riders participating in the Maclay Finals
• Sunday, November 5th: Maclay Finals first round, flat phase, final round, and possible testing to take place
For questions regarding these changes, please contact Cindy Bozan at email@example.com
This Post Brought to You by:
Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk.We place our policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. We are proud of our worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Access to multiple underwriters
- Leader in the U.S. and European markets
- Customized policies provide you with a choice
- Trusted advisors in the equestrian industry
- Direct access to insurance professionals
- Policies that cover every breed and discipline across all 50 United States