We’ve all done it.
As busy horse people, whether at a horse show, at the barn, or maybe even pulling the trailer, we have all shared a restroom with our horse.
While many barns have restrooms, some brand new and some barely counting, many barns do not have them, begging the question, “Where do I go?”
If you’re part of the latter group, here are some tips, tricks, and ideas to make the simple comfort of going to the bathroom at the barn a little more accessible.
- The Luggable Loo: Described as the most economically priced portable toilet, the Luggable Loo is a 5-gallon bucket with a snap-on lid. While it may lack privacy, this is a great option for when you’re in a pinch and have access to a private stall.
- AWOKEN Unisex Urinal: Made of a durable plastic, this is the smallest, most lightweight option for going on the go. There’s no clean up and will only run you a few dollars.
- The Good Ole Fashioned Porta Potty: While the monthly rental of a portable toilet may be out of budget for some barns, dividing the cost among boarders may be an affordable way to add the luxury of a place to go. Consider speaking with other boarders to see if they would be interested in going in on a rental with you. It could be a small price to pay to avoid that next awkward stall squat!
Hopefully some of these suggestions can come in handy for you when the old adage of “when you gotta go – you gotta go” hits close to home.
This Post Brought to You by:
Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk.We place our policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. We are proud of our worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Access to multiple underwriters
- Leader in the U.S. and European markets
- Customized policies provide you with a choice
- Trusted advisors in the equestrian industry
- Direct access to insurance professionals
- Policies that cover every breed and discipline across all 50 United States