Welcome back to Plaid.0, a special from The Plaidcast, where we discuss topics going on in the heart of our sport. On today’s episode, we are discussing raising and developing junior riders in this sport.
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 7
- Host: Piper Klemm, Publisher of The Plaid Horse
- Guest: Maria Takacs is a USEF large “R” Judge in Hunter and Hunter/Jumping Seat Equitation. Maria rode to many national titles as a junior and amateur rider including Devon, The Pennsylvania National, Washington International and The Capital Challenge. She has trained with many outstanding professionals including Leo Conroy, John French, Jennifer Bauersachs and David Belford. She now owns and operates Heathersfield Farm LLC, a private training and boarding stable located in Oldwick, New Jersey. Her students, which include her daughter, Samantha Takacs, have won numerous national titles including the USEF Pony Finals, Devon, Harrisburg, Washington and The Capital Challenge.
- Guest: Robin Greenwood is one of the country’s most venerated pony trainers. Her business now, a seven-stall barn and boutique client base at Grand Central Ponies in Southern Pines, North Carolina, was started in 1987 in North Salem, New York. After a very successful Amateur career, Robin decided to start her own business and name it after her famous Amateur Owner horse, Grand Central. Over the years, Robin has trained many top riders such as Jessica Newman, Tory Grauer Ketchum, Ashley Baker, Emma & Georgina Bloomberg and Caroline Passarelli.
- Guest: Emily Elek is the owner of Stonewall Farm in Ixonia, Wisconsin where she operates one of the largest pony leasing, sales, breeding and training operations. Emily takes a holistic view in developing ponies and riders for lifelong success.
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: LAURACEA, Show Strides Book Series, With Purpose: The Balmoral Standard and American Equestrian School