Welcome back to Plaid.0, a special from The Plaidcast, where we discuss topics going on in the heart of our sport. On today’s episode, we are discussing riding style in the hunter ring and the negative comments that have been posted on social media when top horse and rider photos have been posted online. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS EPISODE 8
- Host: Piper Klemm, Publisher of The Plaid Horse
- Guest: Michael Britt-León is the owner of Windsor Stables in Alpharetta, Georgia. Michael has earned countless International, National and Zone championships. Michael spent his junior career under the guidance of the top professionals on the west coast who had him showing extensively in hunters, jumpers and equitation. He eventually worked at “The Oaks Farm” for Joan Irvine Smith developing quality young horses into nationally ranked Hunters and Jumpers. Michael was eventually recruited to ride privately for a family and it was there that he ran their facility and campaigned their horses nationally, solidifying his place on the professional circuit. Michael believes that true horsemanship starts on the ground with proper horse care and always putting our horses’ care first. Michael also believes that any goal can be achieved with hard work, patience, and a positive attitude.
- Guest: Diane Carney is a lifelong horsewomen, emphasizing horsemanship in every aspect of her world. Diane’s versatility and in depth knowledge at all levels of this sport give her a well-rounded perspective. Diane’s credentials include USEF licensed official, large R judge, clinician, commentator, event clinic organizer and course designer. Diane has judged at some of the most prestigious shows in the US, including the Maclay Finals, Pony Finals and Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Finals. Diane stays involved and gives back in all aspects of the hunter/jumper sport and emphasizes life-long learning.
- Photo Credit: Andrew Ryback Photography
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: LAURACEA, Show Strides Book Series, With Purpose: The Balmoral Standard and Good Boy, Eddie