October 8th, 2016 – St Lawrence Universtity – Canton, NY
$1,000 HUNTER DERBY SPONSORED BY THE PLAID HORSE
DERBY DAY SCHEDULE
1. Hunter Warm up – open to any horse/pony and rider combination to be shown over a course of hunter type jumps.
2. Hunter Derby – 2’, 2’6”, 2’9” open to any horse /pony and rider combination to be shown over at least eight hunter type jumps. Judging will be based on performance; manners and way of going numerical scores will be given. The top ten scores will be invited back for the second round and a numerical score for this round combined with the first round score will be combined to determine placing.
3. Cross Rail Hunter warm up – open to short and long stirrup riders to be judged together to be shown over a course of hunter type jumps.
4. Cross Rail Hunter Derby – open to short and long stirrup riders to be shown over a course of at least eight jumps numerical scores will be given. All riders will be invited back for a second round and the score of the second round combined with the first round score will determine placing.
5. Walk – Trot Maclay – open to walk trot riders. This class will be a two-phase class with a poles course judged 50% and a flat phase judged 50%. The two phases will be combined to determine placing. To be judged on equitation a test of the top four riders is optional.
6. Walk –Trot –Canter Plus – open to both junior and amateur riders. Riders will be asked to walk, trot, sit trot, trot in jumping position, halt, back, canter, and canter in jumping position. A test of any and all exhibitors may be asked.
BREAK TO SET COURSE FOR JUMPERS –
There will only be schooling in ring over jumps if rain prohibits riders from schooling on grass
7. Equitation Challenge – to be judged over three height options 2’, 2’6, 2’9. Riders must declare their respective heights prior to the start of the class. There will be a test included in the first round. Numerical scores will be given and riders will be invited back to test on the flat at the discretion of the judge.
8. Schooling Jumper
9. Mini Prix Qualifier
10. St. Lawrence Mini Prix ENTRY FEE: $50.00
Open to those competitors who have competed in the St. Lawrence Mini-Prix qualifying class 3 times prior to the actual Mini-Prix event. This class is to be judged based on table II.2.a as in the USEF rulebook and will have an $1000 purse.
• Formal attire required
• Jumps will not exceed 2’9” in height
• Prize money $1000
Prize money will be distributed as follows: 1st place $320; 2nd place $200; 3rd place $120; 4th place $ 80; 5th place $40; 6th place $40
Management reserves the right to alter prize money based on number of competitors in the class.
The Plaid Horse
Champion Cooler from Equitex Custom
Dr. Piper Klemm Equestrian