Submit Your Story to The Plaid Horse
We’re always looking for photography, personal narratives and coverage within the equestrian community and lifestyle. If you have a story you’d love to share, e-mail us a pitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What We Are Looking For:
- Personal essays about unique experiences within the equestrian world
- Stories of triumph or overcoming obstacles and setbacks
- Journalistic write-ups about special shows or current events within the hunter/jumper world
- Showcases highlighting excellent examples of horsemanship
- Word length for blog posts should be roughly 800-1200 words
- Please refer to this document (regularly updated) for style questions (ex: showjumping vs show jumping).
- For examples of what we're looking for, please read the following: Sometimes It Seems that the Biggest Lessons Horses Teach Us Have Nothing to do with Riding, What Equestrians Should Remember About Their Sport, and Exercises to Build Your Horse's Topline.
Terms And Conditions*
Not all blog posts submitted for consideration will be chosen for publication. Stories submitted to The Plaid Horse must be currently unpublished. The Plaid Horse retains First North American serial rights to all work we publish.
Don't make our staff do the heavy lifting. Offer a concrete pitch and make all photos, website and social links, and other materials readily available. We get several dozen pitches every day. If you lay all the information out and make your ask easy and show how you align with our site, we will be much more likely to work with you.
Have A Great Lead on a Story?
Not a writer, but have a great lead on a story that you think needs to be published? We’d love to hear it! While we can’t make any promises, we love hearing submissions. You can always pitch ideas to email@example.com for consideration.