To listen to the Plaidcast, you can use the player above, Stitcher, Spotify, iTunes, Google Play Music, or your other favorite podcasting app!
Piper speaks with two of the judges from the 2023 ASPCA Maclay Finals at the National Horse Show, Wendy Peralta and Danny Robertshaw. Brought to you by Taylor, Harris Insurance Services. Listen in!
GUESTS AND LINKS:
- Host: Piper Klemm of The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Guest: Wendy Peralta is the owner and operator of Seabreeze Farm Inc. located in Geneva, Florida. Seabreeze is a well known and respected training facility for top-level equestrian competition located in Central Florida. Wendy and her husband train and manage students and horses to compete at the nation’s finest shows. Wendy is also the of mother two professional children, Nikko and Trevor Ritter and her daughter Catalina Peralta rides for the University of Georgia. Wendy has had a great career showing hunters and jumpers throughout the years. Wendy was the Chef d’Equipe for the Zone 4 Young Riders Teams, winning a Gold medal in the National Junior Jumper Team Competition, and earned the designation of Gold Star Jumper Coach at the 2017 USHJA Zone Jumper Team Championships. Wendy also coached the winner of the USET Talent Search East in 2007 and was awarded the best trainer trophy for that year. She also co-trained the winner of the Taylor Harris Insurance Services Children’s Medal Finals in 2015. Wendy serves on governing committees for the USEF and is the current president of the Central Florida Hunter and Jumper Association. She is a large R judge and has officiated at such shows as the Winter Equestrian Festival, the Zone 3 Washington International Horse Show, and most recently, judged the 2023 ASPCA Maclay Finals.
- Guest: Danny Robertshaw is a USEF “R” licensed judge and serves as a committee member for both US Equestrian and the USHJA and most recently was one of the judges of the 2023 ASPCA Maclay Finals in Lexington, Kentucky. As a trainer and rider, Danny piloted some of his era’s most celebrated show hunters to championships. In 1989, riding Protocol, Danny became the first rider to earn championships in the Regular Working Hunters at Devon, the Pennsylvania National Horse Show, the Washington International Horse Show, the National Horse Show, and the Royal Winter Fair in a single season. In 2001, Danny received the USEF’s Emerson Burr Trophy as the year’s Equestrian of Honor for the Hunter division, and in 2010 the USHJA gave him the Lifetime Achievement Award. Today, Danny and his partner Ron Danta operate Danny & Ron’s Rescue which was started after Hurricane Katrina where they personally care for injured and abused animals until they are ready for adoption.
- Title Sponsor: Taylor, Harris Insurance Services, Taylor, Harris Insurance Services (THIS) was founded in 1987 to provide specialized insurance for all types of equine risk. THIS places their policies with the highest rated and most secure carriers, meticulously selected for reliability and prompt claims settlement. THIS is proud of their worldwide reputation for responsive and courteous service, and welcomes the opportunity to discuss your equine insurance needs and provide you with a quote.
- Photo Courtesy of Wendy Peralta
- Subscribe To: The Plaid Horse Magazine
- Sponsors: LAURACEA, Show Strides Book Series, With Purpose: The Balmoral Standard and Good Boy, Eddie