An “interview” with the show jumper (via her owner, Ashlee Bond!)
The 9-year-old Holsteiner mare (who goes by Fina or “Queen Feen” at the barn), recently won a Turf Tour Grand Prix.
1. You are Ashlee’s homebred—how does it feel to be showing with her after all this time together?
I’m starting to do bigger classes, and I was just clear in my first 1.50 five star! I got plenty of treats after so I am happy.
2. What is your favorite part of being in the show ring?
I love showing off my turns and slices. Mom has been doing it with me since I was 4 so I’m really good at it. I don’t like hitting the big poles! It really ruins my day.
3. Tell us about life at home when you’re not training or showing.
Life at home is very chill. I love trotting down the steep hills on trail rides (even though the humans don’t like it).
4. If you could eat any human food, what would it be and why?
I think I would like coffee because I’m bougie like that. Also, macarons look cool.
5. Can mares do anything that geldings and stallions can do in the show ring?
*This story was originally published in the April 2021 issue of The Plaid Horse. Click here to read it now and subscribe for issues delivered straight to your door!