Twenty-five horse and rider combinations took to the Sanctuary Arena Saturday night to contest the $25,000 WEC Grand Prix 1.40m. Sixteen pairs went clean and clear to qualify for the jump off but it was Charlotte Clark and her own Kinsella (Capitalist x Jerpoint Mist) who galloped to the win in just 31.847 seconds.
Clark of Kendalwood Farm in Sunbury, Ohio, and Kinsella, an 11-year-old Chestnut Irish sport horse mare, are a dynamic pair who have won the $25,000 Grand Prix at World Equestrian Center – Ohio nearly a dozen times. This is their second win in as many weeks.
Kevin McCarthy of K&K Sporthorses LLC, Lexington, Kentucky, and his Catch A Star HSS (Sheraton x Tolinda) snagged the second place spot in tonight’s Grand Prix. Always competitive, McCarthy and the 11-year-old Swedish Warmblood mare finished with a jump off time of 31.923.
Bugatti (Heartbreaker x Nona Bella) and Wilhelm Genn earned third place in the class. Genn and the striking 15-year-old KWPN gelding owned by Eduardo Leon delivered a jump off time of 31.964 to round out the top three finishers.
$25,000 WEC Grand Prix 1.40m Results
- Kinsella, Charlotte Clark – 0 | 0 | 31.847
- Catch A Star HSS, Kevin McCarthy – 0 | 0 | 31.923
- Bugatti, Wilhelm Genn – 0 | 0 | 31.964
- Essince W, David Beisel – 0 | 0 | 32.678
- Banco Du Moulin, Kady Abrahamson – 33.049
- Maraca LS la Silla, Kady Abrahamson – 0 | 0 | 33.614
- El Classico, Caroline Nadalin – 0 | 0 | 34.230
- Eastpoint, Hillary Johnson – 0 | 0 | 37.399
- Any, Kady Abrahamson – 0 | 4 | 32.895
- Coco Chanel M, Ryan Gen – 0 | 4| 33.397
Photos courtesy of Winslow Photography.