By Helen Chimbos
The 127th Annual Devon Horse Show begins with solely Equitation classes in a scheduling change for 2023. While not a traditional indoor final, the intensity and pressure on the 147 competitors entered in the Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Medal Seat cannot be underestimated.
Using data collected from USEF.org and devon.showmanagementsystem.com as of 05/23/23, the riders competing in the Wheeler Ring over an equitation course set at 3’6” range from 13-17 years old in horse show age as of December 1, 2022. Almost half of the riders show as 17 years old in their final junior year, while only 4% show as 13 years old (Emi Richard, Vivian Golden, Baylee Rowan, Ava Barnes, and Hailey Guidry).
Raw data is available by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Post is Brought to You by:
Subzero equine therapy uses pressurized CO2 to target very specific areas such as joints, including the hock, stifle, pastern and fetlock, resulting in optimized range of motion and reduced pain.
- Initial results visible within just 60 seconds
- Infrared temperature and distance sensors for real-time control
- Rapid attachment systems for faster setup and storage
- Long-lasting battery and 15’ polyurethane-shielded cord
- Backlit, interactive LCD screen shows treatment data
- Treatment protocols for different conditions
Vets, trainers and physiotherapists report rapid pain relief and overall faster recovery from equine injuries through targeted cold therapy. This versatile and easy-to-use device treats numerous regions of the sports horse’s body for effective maintenance and injury prevention.